A childhood friend of mine is coming home! So excited.. I want to make something special for her. After thinking for night and days, I came out with the blueberry cheesecake. I hope she will love it.
Lets go to the kitchen and start the mission!
CHILLED BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
- 200g digestive cookies (crushed)
- 60g butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 4 tablespoon water
- 300g cream cheese
- 125g castor sugar
- 125ml whipping cream
- 350g fresh blueberries or pureed
- Grease a 20-21 cm spring form pan. Put crushed biscuits in a mixing bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir well with a metal spoon until evenly mixed.
- Press the biscuit crust on to the base of the spring form pan with the back of a metal spoon.Flatten and smoothen the biscuit base all around. Chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over water.Set aside until it turns spongy. Place bowl over hot water until the liquid turns clear.
- Add dissolved gelatine mixture to blueberry puree. Whip up whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add blueberry puree to cream and set aside.
- Combine blueberry mixture with cream cheese mixture and smoothen the top with a spatula. Chill overnight until firm.
Already done! It looks tasty!