I love red velvet cake so much. It looks so sexy in its reddish colour and cream cheese toppings.
A little history of the red velvet..
The place of its origin is United States. It is traditionally prepared as a layer cake topped with cream cheese icing, and sometimes cookie dough filing. The reddish colour is achieved by adding red food colouring.
RED VELVET CAKE
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 320 g castor sugar
- 5 g salt
- 2 eggs
- 300 g wheat flour
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 6 g baking powder
- 230 ml fresh milk
- 1 tea spoon vanilla essence
- 3 table spoon red colour
- 1 1/2 tea spoon vinegar
- 6 g soda bicarbonate
- 250 g cream cheese
- 125 g butter
- 120 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tea spoon lemon juice
How the make the cake?
- Firstly, beat the butter, sugar and salt in the mixture until it smooth.
- Then, add the eggs one by one and continue beating it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder) in the bowl.
- After that, in another bowl, mix all wet ingredients (red colour, vanilla essence, fresh milk).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients one after another and continue beating until smooth.
- Before you stop beating, add the vinegar and the soda bicarbonate. Beat for another 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and bake it for 30 minutes.
How to make the toppings?
- Mix all the ingredients in the mixture bowl and beat it until smooth and fluffy.
I am not really good in decorating but this is for my mum's birthday.